Last updated: January 12, 2020.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect a variety of types of information. Examples include:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address;
- Purchase information, such as the items you purchase, items you have altered or custom made (including measurements), payment method and payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), billing and shipping address, and contact information (such as for receipts or order updates);
- Preference information, such as your contact and marketing preferences, and brand and merchandise interests;
- Profile and account information, which may include Contact, Purchase, and Preference information as well as your account password, information about wish list items, items in your online shopping cart or saved for future purchase, registry information, product review information, gift card and Dtown Note information, and other information about your profile or account;
- Demographic information, which may include age or birthdate, gender, ZIP code, and other information about you;
- Location information of your device that you use with our mobile application, if your device settings allow us to collect location information; and
- Device and browsing information, including information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (collectively, “automatically collected information”). Automatically collected information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically collected information also may include information about when and how you access and use our website or mobile application, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our website, how you navigate and what you search for using our website and mobile application, the website pages and items you view using our website and mobile application, and the items you purchase.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION
We use the information that we collect to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We also may combine any or all of the information that we collect or obtain. Examples of how we use information include:
- To provide you with products and services, such as to: fulfill your orders and process your payments; process, maintain and service your account(s) and memberships; and to provide you with products and services that we think you will like;
- To respond to you, such as when you: place an order; call us; make a request or inquiry; enter a contest or sweepstakes; complete a survey; or share a comment or concern;
- For personalization of your experiences with us, including to: remember your interests and preferences; customize the products and services we share with you; facilitate your interactions with our stylists and salespeople; track and categorize your activity and interests on our website and mobile application, including by identifying the different devices you use; and to enrich your experience in our stores, on our website, and through our mobile application;
- For marketing and advertising, such as to: send you marketing and advertising communications; check creditworthiness and make pre-screen offers for Dtown-branded credit cards; and to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you (we offer choices about marketing and advertising as noted in the Your Choices section below);
- For analytics, such as to: understand how you use our website and mobile application; understand how you shop with us; determine the methods and devices used to access our website and mobile application; and improve our website and mobile application;
- For our business purposes, such as: to operate and improve upon our business and lawful business activities; to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; for research; to determine your satisfaction with our products and services; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose that is permitted by law;
- For legal and safety purposes, such as to: defend or protect us, our customers, you, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; protect our rights; protect our security and the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
DOES DTOWN.COM SHARE THE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Third parties and service providers that provide products or services to us, that help us market or advertise to you (including co-branded marketing and advertising), or that provide products or services to you. We may use third parties or service providers to perform any of the actions or activities allowed under this Policy;
- Additional third parties such as law enforcement, government entities, courts, or other third parties as required or allowed by applicable law, such as for the legal and safety purposes described under the “How We Use Information” Section above, or otherwise to help prevent harm or fraud to us, you, our customers, or other third parties. We also may share personal information with third parties upon your request or with your approval, though we may not be able to accommodate all requests.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and, therefore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information. In order to help protect personal information you provide to us, you: (i) should not share your password or account information with others, (ii) should use a secure web browser, and (iii) should change your password frequently. If you wish to cancel a password, or if you become aware of any loss, theft, or unauthorized use of a password, please contact us.
YOUR CHOICES AND ACCESS REQUESTS
We strive to offer you with choices about how personal information is used and shared. Your choices include:
- Online Advertising. You can manage third party advertising preferences for some of the third parties we work with to serve advertising across the Internet by clicking?here?and by utilizing the choices available at http://www.google.com. We do not guarantee that all of the third parties we work with will honor the elections you make using those options, but we strive to work with third parties that do.
- Social Media Platforms and Networks.We encourage you to review your privacy options and settings with the social media platforms and networks you use to understand what choices you have about sharing information from those platforms and networks with us.?
- Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by utilizing the “unsubscribe” link or mechanism noted in marketing or advertising emails you receive from us or HawLander.com. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the “Additional Information and Contacting Us” Section below, and sharing the email address at which you are receiving marketing or advertising emails.
- Wish List Choices. We may offer the ability to create a Wish List. To update your Wish List privacy settings, you may select "Private" (not searchable) to help protect your Wish List information from being publicly searched on our site or you may select "Public" (searchable). To help protect your privacy, we initially set your Wish List account to a "Private" setting.
- Access Requests. If you have registered for an online account, we allow you to access and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by logging into your online account and using the features and functionalities available there. You may also make a request for access to personal information by sending an email or writing to us at the address specified in the “Additional Information and Contacting Us” section below. We are not able to grant all access requests, and we may request additional information from you in order to verify your identity before accommodating an access request.
SECURITY AND FRAUD
We take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of personal information you share with us through our website and mobile application. In general, information transmitted through the Internet may not be perfectly secure, and we are unable to guarantee the security of your personal information.
We encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account and personal information, including by doing the following:
- Reviewing your Dtown account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information;
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses;
- Using complex passwords (a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric cAsE sEnsitive characters);
- Not using the same password on more than one website;
- Not sharing your password with others;
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device; and Sign out/log off of website sessions so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer.
Dtown does not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under 13 years of age without prior verifiable parental consent. If you believe that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personal information to Dtown in connection with our website or mobile application, and without prior verifiable parental consent, please contact us at [email protected], so that we can take steps to delete the personal information that she or he provided.
WHAT IF I AM AN INTERNATIONAL USER?
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Updates to This Policy
We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will notify you by posting the updated Policy on our website, and we will update the effective date at the end of this Policy.